Friday, May 7, 2010

Cardabilities Sketch #2

I've always found elephants to be very endearing...they're so cute despite their size and they always seem to be full of love..all cuddly and warm...like in the cartoons..Barbar..and even the elephant siblings, Alice Snuffleupagus and Aloysius Snuffleupagus in Sesame Street! Gosh, I must be watching too many kids programmes *lol* :P

I drew inspiration from elephants for my take on Cardabilities Sketch #2, which was as much fun as their first reveal! ;) Do check out HERE for more details and designs by the DT!

The lovely sketch and my take on it,




Materials Used:

Anita's Essential Paper Stack in A5
Copics
TheCuttingCafe Frame Shape
Moof Black Trim
White Trim
Squigglefly Elephant Digital Stamp
All Night Media Black Ink
Ranger Distress Inks
MM Stamp
MS Butterfly Punch
Beige Ribbon
Leaf Punch



I layered the cardstock with two different patterned paper by Anita. Then, I distressed the edges with All Night Media's Black Ink and did the same for the frame shape but used Ranger Distress Inks. Coloured my elephant using copics, put some punched leaves around him and added the trims.


This sketch was real good fun! Try it!


8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness what a stunning card...Love elephants too. Thanks for playing with us at cardabilities, hope to see you again for this months reveals. WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Brandilynn!! So sweet of you.. :)
    will surely be seeing me for the next reveals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww he is adorable and so beautifully coloured. Love how you used the sketch with all the fantastic colours and ribbon. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz,

    *lol* thanks so much! :) the sketches have been lots of fun to work on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww, this is absolutely adorable!!! I love all the layers and textures going on! Thanks for playing with us at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you KJ! :) Reli nice of you to swing by and leave a comment *hehe*

    ReplyDelete
  7. AW, isn't that the sweetest!! I love the distressing, it gives it a vintage feel almost! And wow that ribbon work, GIRL! AWESOME! Glad you enjoyed the Cardabilities sketch! Check back tomorrow for #3! It's another good one!! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Nicole! :) I love distressing...sumthin that I can't just cant shake off :)..will def check back tmrw...can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)