Sunday, June 6, 2010

Get Well Soon

I used Sketch #4 from the Cardabilities May 30th Reveal for this Get Well Soon card. I love this sketch cause it requires lots of layerings! How I wish I had a Spellbinders *sigh*..Anyways, I managed to make do with what I have..I basically used Doily lace, 5" circle & 3" scallop circle for the centre piece and a square piece of black cardstock and 2 shades of brown cardstock for the background layers..

I also used my MS scallop dot punch to give the square piece a scalloped edge..I tried as best as I could to follow the nested sketch & sure hope I succeded *lol*

Here's the fab sketch (Check out their blog for the awesome takes by the DT! So inspiring) & my take on it

Materials Used:

Dark Brown Cardstock
Light Brown Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Kreaxions Circle Cutter
3" Scallop Cicle
Paper Doily Lace
Sentiment
Carla Craft Punches
MS Butterfly Punch
Leaf Punch


8 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love all the detail...
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming by my blog & leaving a comment April! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is absolutely gorgeous, i love what you did witht he sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Karan! It's a fantastic sketch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, Miss Crafty! The new sketch has been posted at Cardabilities and we hope you take time to play again with us! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks very much Nicole! :) Will definitely play along again ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)