Tuesday, August 24, 2010

hmmm...

Can't believe that my last blog post was last Thursday!! bad me!! :P I've been running around a little...Friday was a cousin's wedding, Saturday I joined a class by Jessy at Papier followed by the very same cousin's wedding reception that evening...Sunday hubby & I left for a little township called Taiping..it's slightly over 3hrs drive from KL..

We made it a point to attend my great granma's memorial there this yr..Can't believe that it's been 20 yrs since she left us..my memory of her is strong...despite my being only 8 at the time she left us...

She was a lady of great charisma..full of bravery and strived hard to provide for her 14 children despite being a single mother during the Japanese Occupation in the then Malaya (my great granpa passed away young after a short illness)

Very creative and often staged small shows featuring her grandchildren at festivals was one of her other strong points....There were lots of interesting facts about our family that my hubby & I learnt from this memorial cum eulogy launch...for one..We didn't know that my great granma left behind a family of 14 children (28 including their spouses), 88 grandchildren, 35 great grandchildren and now if she were alive, she would've been able see her 5 great great grandchildren! (though I do believe the actual figure's slightly over that mentioned :))

I love it that my family's huge and though we all live far from each other, we still make it a point to join little gatherings like this..I'm glad I went! :)

Anyways..I'm off to create some cards since it's been a while since I posted anything over the last 5 days! See ya tomorrow!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)