Thursday, December 30, 2010

Photo Cube

This is the final challenge for the DT project at Papier and I must say it was mighty tough! LOL!!
Each of us were given a photo cube (yes a photo cube!!) to embellish to our heart's content! As with my all my other projects, this piece was no elaborate affair either :) Simple.. and I'm now contemplating if I should place it on my desk at the office *hehe*'s a 'page' by 'page' tut on how I made this cube:

First, you gotta distress the entire cube using Ranger Distress Inks

Page 1: Adhere Photo, followed by Prima flower and rolled roses (using the Sizzix 3D flowers die) and leaf. Tuck in the little assemble of flowers. Adhere some Tim Holtz tissue tape (must have!!)

Materials Used : Tim Holtz Tissue Tape, Prima Flower, Leaf, Sizzix 3D Flowers Die, Cluster of flowers

Page 2 : Adhere photo and form a frame using ribbon. Next, using October Afternoon rub-ons, rub off the tree and leaf motifs onto the cube. After that, Cut out the damask like designs from the American Crafts PP for leaves and layer the Tim Holtz flower with a 3D flower Sizzix die cut. Lastly, layer prima flowers and adhere atop the 'leaves'. Finish off with a lil bit of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape

Materials Used : Pink Paislee PP, American Crafts PP, Ribbon, Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Die, Sizzix 3D Flowers Die, October Afternoon Rub Ons, Tim Holtz Tissue Tape, Prima Flowers.\

Page 3 : This one's a lil tricky cause I firstly needed to embellish the plain looking die cut Tim Holtz chipboard wings. I first painted it white with acrylic paints and then once dried, i adhere feathers to it for a angelic look *hehe*. While waiting for that to dry up, I adhered the photo. Then I added to the top of the wings the Prima butterfly (so gorgeous don't you think ;)). Added the cluster of flowers and finally the butterflies

Materials Used : Tim Holtz Wings die cut, Prima Butterfly, Flower cluster, Papertrey Ink Butterfly Die Cut, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Feathers.
Page 4 : Adhere Sizzix Die, photo, Add flower and American Carfts PP for leaves, Hambly Dress Form Screen Print, and Sizzix 3D flowers. Add a small bow to the top of the photo and finally finish off with a bit of tissu tape.

Materials Used : American Crafts PP, Prima Flower, Sizzix Flourish & 3D flowers die, Hambly Dress Form Screen Print, Lace, Tim Holtz Tissue Tape.

And finally, all my lil princess needs is a crown above her head! :) So here's what's on the top part of the cube, A simple crown that's painted with Ranger crackle paint!

Materials Used : Sizzix Crown Die & Ranger Crackle Paint.

Happy New Year to all of you Papier Supporters and wishing you a fab 2011!!! :)


  1. I love this project.. how cool it is! I must say .. I love the one with feather wings best..
    Love the crackled crown too :)

  2. Its funny how many of us crafters think that a project is so tough, and yet end up with beautiful results! I love your photo cube, and especially how you added feathers on the TH wings too! Heavenly!

  3. Beautiful work gurl!! Love the crown big time!! :))

  4. So pretty! I love all the yummy layers and embellishment you added on this project, so full of shabby goodness!

  5. Great did a fabulous job! Love how you used a different theme on each side. My favorite of course is the one with the butterflies and the pictures of your daughter are precious...what a sweet little girl she must be!

  6. Sweet, pretty, charming - all the things your photo cube stands for. Sure you'll smile everytime you see it at work.


Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)