Hello there! Sharm here to share an altered canvas block, mixed media style. The weather here in Malaysia is extremely humid and hot! Our temperature is currently at about 37! That's how crazy hot it is!
Anyways, with The Paperhaus Magazine DTMs sharing all projects summery, I created this altered canvas block for my take this week... But instead of using the hot colours of summer, I opted for muted tones.
Here's the tute to how I put my canvas together:
1) Using a stencil, apply gesso all over the canvas block
2) Once the gesso's all dried up, apply various mists
3) Once the mists have dried, use a different stencil to create texture using texture paste
4) Wait for the texture paste to dry up
5) While waiting for the texture paste to dry, fussy cut details off patterned papers of your choice, pick out a chippie that you wish to wish (and colour it accordingly. I used distress paints on mine) and also die cut several different designs for layers
To achieve this:
After the texture paste had dried off, I did the following:
1) Adhere fussy cut bird detail
2) Adhere chippie
3) Adhere the maya road ruler & flowers
4) I also made some dogwood flowers using the new sizzix Susan Tierney dies
5) Lastly, I stamped at random areas using distress paint in Black soot and sprayed water on it to wash it down a lil
Patterned Paper: Prima Marketing
Chippie: Memory Maze
Mists: Tattered Angels, Heidi Swapp
Stencils: Prima Marketing
Texture Paste & Gesso: Craft Supply
Dies: PTI, MFT, Sizzix
Flowers: Craft Supply
Stamp: Prima Marketing
Hope this project inspires you to try one of your own! ;) Have a pleasant week ya'll!