Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Altered Milk Tin

Hello there! It's all things summer this month at The PaperHaus Magazine and I've got another altered project to share with you! I seem to be making tonnes of altered projects and I honestly can't seem to get enough of them!

This time, I altered an old milk tin..I have lots of them and simply wanted to make something useful out of it. Last week, the hubs and I visited the nursery. We wanted to spruce up our lil balcony and thought some plants will cozy up the place a little

I must tell you, it did more than that! It lit up a creative bulb in my head and you know what I made as an addition to my lil garden? An altered milk tin to store the fertilizer! :) The Graphic 45 French Country collection was just perfect for this.

Have a look :


Scrappy Info:
1) First wrap the entire tin with kraft paper.
2) Next, fussy cut details off a patterned paper of your choice and adhere as a label
3) Cover the top and bottom of the areas that were covered by the kraft paper with some washi tape
4) For the cover, adhere a circle cut out from kraft paper
5) Poke a hold through the centre and insert a two skewers that hold the rooster on one and flower on the other
6) Further embellish with die cut picket fence and fussy butterflies


Materials Used:
Cardstock: Kraft - Craft Supply
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45
Washi Tape: Etsy Store
Punch: Martha Stewart
Circle Cutter: Martha Stewart
Picket Fence Die: Memory Box Dies

Hope you lovely peeps will have a go at it this! Let me know if you had as much fun as I did! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)