The month of December is always a month of fun..and we, are at Papier are embarking on a creative endeavour *lol*..The DT projects this month come with a twist! Each of us ladies will be competing against each other with projects using materials from a DT kit that's exactly the same!! (plus other materials like Tim Holtz Dies & Prima and Tattered Angels Stamps) Tough ain't it!? *lol*
But I'm loving it and I'm sure the rest of the ladies are too! :) Read more about the challenge here and Here's my take on the first challenge, which is to create a layout! I love simplicity, and this layout as most of you might later agree, *hehe*, is definitely simple!
Materials Used :
Bazzill Basics Cardstock, Webster's Pages Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Acrylic Paint in Olive, Tattered Angels Stamp, Zing Embossing Powder in Opaque White, Martha Stewart Holiday & Butterfly Punch, Lace, Prima Flowers, AC Thickers
Some scrappy info:
1) First I cut-off the pretty designs off the Webster's Pages PP, and adhered them to the cardstock using foam dots
2) I punched all around the areas of the cardstock that were blank
3) Stamp using the Tattered Angels Flourishes stamps and heat emboss
4) Layer two different butterflies & adhere them as well on parts of the flourishes
5) Adhere photo & prima flower
6) Using Prima stamps, stamp the journal design and adhere behind photo. Be sure to put in a tiny slit so you can weave your lace through
6) Stamp music notes faintly
7) Last touch would be to add on the chipboard and thickers!
* Don't stick everything down permanently so that you can add on or remove little embellishments as you wish like tuck in a piece of chipboard under the fussy cut patterned paper.
Hope my layout inspires & be sure to check out the other DT submissions and cast your vote! Two (2) lucky voters who voted for the winning DT will be chosen to win a little RAK for their support ;)
You can cast your vote simply by clicking on the vote button that appears with a star and vote title under each DT's layout pic. Take note that this is by the top right hand corner of the Papier Blog ;)