Thursday, December 16, 2010

Challenge 2 - Vintage Monogram Card

I'm pretty old fashioned, so most times, my crafting sense also tends to tilt itself to the vintage side...lol..today I'd like to share a vintage card I made for the DT challenge that's ongoing at the Papier blog this month...

Apart from some really yummy items, the DT kit this month also had chipboard alphas that are really pretty! I decided that it would be nice to make a Monogram card using one of the alphas..!

This lil card I made has a hidden message..can you find it? :) if you look at the close-up pic, you'll notice that the music note that I've adhered to the top of the patterned paper actually has the verse 'I'm falling in love'..so this card..can be given to a girl or guy you'd like to court whose initials start with A! Monogram cards are fun aren't they? :)

Anyhoo...Here's what I made..


Materials Used : Brown Cardstock, Pink Paislee Patterned Paper, Chipboard Alphabet, Sizzix Butterfly Die, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Ranger Crackle Paint, Making Memories Acrylic Paint, Prima Flower, Pearl, 3D Flower Sizzix Die, Stickles, Music Note

A tip to share:

Chipboard need not always be painted, they can also be bling-ed with a lil bit of stickles. You can also top it off with some glossy accents to make it pop.

3 comments:

  1. This is a fabbie vintage monochromatic card! You totally rocked the challenge dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow, this is GORGEOUS! love the vintage look and how you get those rolled flowers so perfectly done? now I look at my own, hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love this card. I love the warm tones and vintage look! Your choice of paper is as always FABULOUS! You really did a fabulous job on it. Love what you did with the flowers and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)