Monday, October 8, 2012

Welcome to My Lil Shop at The PaperHaus Magazine

Hello there everyone! Not too long ago I shared, with much excitement, the very happy news of me having snagged a spot at the very new, and extensive, and exciting PaperHaus Magazine! 

With today being my debut appearance on the Design Team, I would like to share a special project, one that I tried making out of my comfort zone, and one that I spent much of my time and love creating. So without further ado, "Welcome to my Lil Vintage Shop" lovely peeps! This project is sooo ideal for a lil girl's room (and I'm going to do just that, put it as a deco piece in my dd's room :))

Thank you PaperHaus for this wonderful opportunity. I am truly looking forward to a creative year together! :) and readers, please drop by the blog to check out the super awesome projects by the DT! I assure you, you'll be inspired! ;)



Exterior 1

Interior 1

Materials Used:
Hard : Wood Frame
Ephemeras : Pink Paislee
Patterened Paper : Prima Marketing
Flowers : Prima Marketing and Handmade
Embellishments: Charms : Resin : Prima Marketing & Melissa Frances, Etsy Shop, Buttons : Craft Supply
Stamps : Hero Arts, Prima Marketing, Papertrey Ink
Inks : Distress Inks
Paint : Crackle Paint, Making Memories Acrylic Paint
Punches : Ek Success & Martha Stewart
Transparency : Pink Paislee

Some Simple Instructions:
1) Gesso / Paint the entire frame in white using a hard brush (dry brush as you want to achieve a washed out look)
2) Use Crackle Paint at random areas
3) Create window by stamping on transparency and adhere to the frame
4) Stamp on the outside and inside using script stamp (to give a vintage feel, also makes it look like moss on the building doesnt it *lol*)
5) Punch out a strip of patterned paper and make folds and adhere to create faux roof 
6) Embellish inner and outer parts of the 'shop' to your hearts' desire with resin embellishments and vintage finds

Take care and hope you like what you see! :)

5 comments:

  1. This is spectacular!!!!!! awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..this one is super gorgeous!!! Love it girl! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is JUST BEAUTIFUL.... The little details are AWESOME & the colors are just SENSATIONAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I really wish that your store really sells those trinkets in real life! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Sensational work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)