Spellbinder Romantic Rectangles Die (for Card)
Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circles LG
Martha Stewart Punch, Pearls, Lace, Eyelets & Stickles
Instructions for gift bag:
The finished project measures 8.5” x 4.55”. Perfect to house a mini album or even other gift items.
1) Score patterned paper of choice at 2.5”, 0.5”, 0.5”, 4.55”, 0.5”, 0.5” 2.5” vertically, in that order. Punch eyelet onto one of the 2.5” inches portion.
2) Where the 2.5” inches meet, stick tape/use tape runner and stick them together to overlap. Be careful not to put too much that may cause the overlap to stick to the inside of the gift bag.
3) Score horizontally (or rather at top and bottom of gift bag) at 0.8” and fold to create a closure at bottom and 0.8” & 1.8” at the top to create a flap.
4) Draw a curve line to create a pretty flap and cut out. Don’t throw away the excess. Invert it to create a pocket so that the flap nestles nicely into it when folded.
5) String a lace through the eyelets that were punched onto the 2.5” side in step 1.
6) Stamp butterfly image on white cardstock, apply stickles and use heat gun to dry it up. The end result will be a very pretty, vintage butterfly.
7) Die cut scallop circle to create tag and punch eyelet though. Thread it to the gift bag using the lace. Then, attach the butterfly to the knot of the lace.
8) Die cut another sheet of patterned paper to make as many flowers as you wish and embellish to your desire.
9) Punch out two strips of white cardstock and affix to the back of the bag to jazz it up a little.