Friday, June 13, 2014

Spring Themed Exploding Box

Hello again Doodlebug fans! Sharm here to share a little Easter project..an Exploding Box. So what exactly is this exploding box? It's a box that looks perfectly normal on the outside, but when you lift the lid, it's opens the box into a flat paper with lots of pop-ups and layers! Like a Jack-in-the-box, only the scrapbooking way lol! :)

So here's how I made my project:
Step 1: Score a 12x12 sheet of paper at 4" & 8". Cut to off the for corner squares
Step 2: For the lid, score at 4 1/8" & 8 1/8"
Step 3: Fold the make a box & its lid
Step 4: Embellish!


Some Close-ups:

The perfectly normal looking box :)

Ta da! Once you open the box

The Left side, embellished

The right side, embellished

This is what it looks like once opened

Top of the Box

Doodlebug Designs Inc Materials Used:

Well, let me know if you have a go at making this project! :) Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)