Friday, April 15, 2011

Scrap-It-Lah Blog Hop - Week 3!

Hey there sweeties!! TGIF!! It's time for the weekend yay!! :) Hope your week was pleasant..mine was a bit of a roller coaster..my lil one is down with a terrible flu..her eyes are all swelled up and I feel so miserable for her! :( I hope she'll recover fast!

This week's my turn as host for the 3rd week of the blog hop and I have a simple tute cum challenge for you - an altered door hanger!

Adhere a piece of PP at the bottom half of the door hanger

Adhere a contrasting piece of patterned paper on the upper half. I chose a simple piece of Webster's Pages PP

Turn the door hanger over so you can cut-off the hole for the door knob and the excess patterned paper By using two different patterned papers, you get a bit of variation. I like the effect and I hope you will try it too ;) Using Ranger distress inks, distress all round the hanger Using a patterned paper of your choice (I've used Webster's Pages) do a bit of fussy cutting and layer. I made my chipboard embellie by layering the fussy cut patterned onto a piece of chipboard. A lil bit more fussy cutting (I couldn't resist putting that lil fairy from the G45 patterned papers) Since the top half of the door hanger was a lil plain looking, I did a wee bit of stamping and sprayed some water over it for a vintagey look. And a bit more fussy cut fairies Wana see the final outcome? Here it is ;) Materials Used : Raw Chipboard Door Hanger, Webster's Pages, G45 Patterned Papers, Chipboard, Ranger Distress Inks, Prima Background Stamp


If you do try the tute I've shared and would like to join in the festivities, do link up here. I do hope you will cause I sure wud love to see what you come up with! :) Challenge runs from 15th April till the 22nd April, so don't miss the deadline okies! ;)




Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here! This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site. For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.




Look at what we have in store for the winner of this challenge! The very awesome Studio Calico Wildflower Kit!!!

20 comments:

  1. That is just so beautiful, those WP papers are my favorite! I need to find time to play along with this one, looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I think you have done a fantastic job. Love every bits of it and I think you have used the fairies well :). Love your altered project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to share such a sweet tutorial. I will have to try my hand at it later. Can't wait to check out all the takes on your tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this tutorial...and what a good idea and nice altered art you did. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! This is one gorgeous door hanger!! Love the fussy cutting! Can't wait to make one myself..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this tutorial and what an awesome altered art you did. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work with that door hanger. Have never done one so this week it will be a good challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is Stunning with the Websters Pages!!Great Tute too! Love the stamping over the top to jazz it up!!
    Lou xx
    PS Hope your little one is soon feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..beautiful.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love what u did with those WP papers!! gorgeous altered item!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! Wow! Wow! This is just gorgeous!!
    I AM going to have a go at this tute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so gorgeous!! I love everything you did on the door hanger!! You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the distress and layering of cutting pp! its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've linked up my door hanger!!
    Thanks so much for this. I love my new hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done Sharm. I've never seen a door hanger quite as elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing the tuts. Luv ur altered door hanger. Can never go wrong with WP pp rite. Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just gorgeous - such a cute clever creation - love your fussy cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutly gorgeous. I have made one now too. Thanks for a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is very very pretty Sharm! Love how you altered the door hanger...I think if I have something like that it would be too 'sayang' to use, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ur altered door hanger is so gorgeous Sharm.

    Me wanna play along. I've linked mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post! It inspires me to create more! xoxo :)